- Making sure your child brushes twice a day. Ensure that kids aged 6 and younger are supervised and have help brushing.
- Scheduling the appointment when your child isn’t likely to be tired. For younger kids, don’t schedule it during naptime. For older kids, don’t schedule the visit after a long school day.
- Allowing the older child — presumably the one with the most experience — to go first and serve as a role model for the others.
- Making sure your child has had a snack before the appointment to avoid irritability from hunger.
- Making sure you stay calm, even if your child acts nervous before the appointment.
Florida Dental Health Foundation and More Health iInc. are teaming up keep our kids teeth healthy and clean. They are running a contest with one lucky person winning $250! Visit their website www.areyoumouthwise.com to enter and learn more about dental health. The deadline to enter is March 10th so act fast!