Parents have a powerful role in supporting children’s health and learning. Engaged parents help guide their children successfully through school, advocate for their children, and can help shape a healthy school environment. CDC has developed a set of resources called Parents for Healthy Schools to help schools and school groups (e.g., parent teacher associations (PTA), parent teacher organizations (PTO), school wellness committees) engage parents to create healthy school environments.
These resources will:
- Educate parents about
- School nutrition environment and services
- School-based physical education and physical activity
- Managing chronic health conditions in school settings
- Provide parents with practical strategies and actions to improve the school health environment
- Provide suggestions for ways to track progress in engaging parents in changing the school health environment.
Click here to access the Parents for Healthy Kids resources.