How can you get your kids to eat more fruit? Here are six tips you can use to guide them without saying a word:
- Eat Together: If you snack on fruit in front of your kids, they’re more likely to meet their fruit and vegetable requirements.
- Keep Trying: Many children reject new foods because they’re afraid of them, not because they don’t like the taste. Don’t give up! You may need to present a new fruit 10 times or more before they’ll accept it.
- Slice Fruit: Your kids may be more likely to want sliced fruit than whole fruit. ]
- Use Stickers: Stickers: so simple, yet so powerful. If you stick a popular cartoon character on a piece of fruit, you may find your child more excited about eating it.
- Let Them Pick Their Fruit: While it’s not as exciting as plucking fruit off a tree, your children can still participate in the picking process at the grocery store.
- Mix It Up: Offer fruit in a variety of forms, textures and shapes. Experiment with frozen, freeze-dried, canned, fresh and dried fruit, as well as 100 percent juice and nectar.