We think this Fruit Christmas Tree from Fitness Life is a great healthy item to send in for your child’s classroom holiday party or even to have at your own holiday party. It serves two purposes, decoration and a snack!
- Gather the fruit you would like for your tree. In this picture, there is kiwi, strawberries, cantaloupe, green grapes, red grapes, and blackberries. We think raspberries and a starfruit would make great additions.
- Cut off the top of an apple (see picture). Insert a medium sized carrot into the apple.
- Place tooth picks into the apple to hold the fruit. Be careful not to place them too close together.
- Start placing your fruit on the tree. There is not right or wrong way to do this. It’s whatever you think looks nice and tasty.
- For the star, either cut a star shape out of the cantaloupe or use a slice from a starfruit.
This is an excellent project for your child to help you with. Give them the fruit and let them decorate to their heart’s desire. We bet they’ll be just as eager to eat the tree as they are to decorate it.