7 Questions to Ask Before Giving Your Child Their First Phone
- Does your child show a sense of responsibility, such as letting you know when they leave the house? Do they show up when they say they will?
- Does your child tend to lose things, such as backpacks or homework folders?
- Does your child need to be able to contact you at any time for safety reasons?
- Would having easy access to friends benefit your child for social reasons?
- Do you think your child will use cell phones responsibly—for example, not texting during class or disturbing others with their phone conversations?
- Can your child adhere to limits you set for minutes talked and apps downloaded?
- Will your child use text, photo and video functions responsibly and not to embarrass or harass others?
For additional resources, check out Smart Talk