This recipe is adapted from Super Healthy Kids
This tasty tart makes the perfect Valentines Day snack or dessert. The Greek yogurt and cashews make it a protein rich, while the strawberries and dates provide fiber. Together, they provide a whole lot of taste!
- 1 and 1/2 cups cashews
- 15 dates
- 1 cup honey or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Soak dates in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes or until softened. Drain and cut dates in half. Set aside.
- Pulse cashews in a food processor until small pieces. Add dates and pulse/blend until mixture comes together, scraping as needed. Do not over-mix because the cashews will release their oils and make it really pasty and soft.
- Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper. (Tip: Spray some cooking spray on the bottom of the pan to hold the parchment paper in place.) Press the crust into the bottom of the pan as evenly as possible. Freeze for 1 hour. Remove the crust from the freezer and peel the crust off of the parchment paper. Set the crust on a large plate.
- Spread Greek yogurt over the center of the crust and almost to the edges.
- Rinse, hull and dry strawberries. Slice strawberries thinly with a knife or use an egg slicer for thin, even slices. Layer the strawberries from the edge of the tart in towards the middle, working your way around the circle. Slice and serve immediately for best results. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
*Try substituting 2/3 cup of raisins or dried cranberries in place of the dates. (You’ll still need to soak them in warm water first.)