- Making sure your child brushes twice a day. Ensure that kids aged 6 and younger are supervised and have help brushing.
- Scheduling the appointment when your child isn’t likely to be tired. For younger kids, don’t schedule it during naptime. For older kids, don’t schedule the visit after a long school day.
- Allowing the older child — presumably the one with the most experience — to go first and serve as a role model for the others.
- Making sure your child has had a snack before the appointment to avoid irritability from hunger.
- Making sure you stay calm, even if your child acts nervous before the appointment.
https://healthykidstoday.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/CYIspiral.png 803 1000 Melodie Griffin https://healthykidstoday.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/HKT_logo-01.png Melodie Griffin2016-01-10 15:42:552016-03-03 03:55:35Prepare Your Child for the Dentist