Audubon Park Elementary recently held a very successful Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser, raising approximately $7,200. This is three times what the school raised last year! The older students were given short and long jump ropes, the younger students were provided with extra attention through jump rope stations. Congratulations to Audubon Park Elementary!
About Jump Rope for Heart
The American Heart Association Jump Rope For Heart is a national education and fund-raising event sponsored by the American Heart Association and the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD). Jump Rope for Heart engages students with jumping rope while empowering them to improve their own health and help other kids with heart health issues.
- Ongoing discovery of new treatments through research
- Advocating at federal and state levels for physical education and nutrition wellness in schools
- Training courses for middle and high school students in CPR
Jump Rope For Heart Helps Students Grow
- Kids learn the value of community service and become empowered to contribute to their community’s welfare.
- Children join together in helping other kids with special hearts.
- Students learn how to develop heart-healthy habits while being physically active.
- Participants learn jump rope and basketball skills they can use for the rest of their lives.
- Students help their school earn gift certificates for free P.E. equipment!