Recipe adapted from www.bettycrocker.com
Plant a forest of pita bread trees on your table in less than 30 minutes by topping wedges with store-bought guacamole.
Makes 16 trees
- 4 flavored or plain pita folds or pita (pocket) breads (about 6 inches in diameter)
- 16 thin pretzel sticks, halved
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped red bell pepper
- Cut each pita fold into 8 wedges. Insert pretzel stick half into center of bottom of each wedge to form “tree trunk.
- In small bowl, mix sour cream and guacamole. Spread about 1 teaspoon sour cream mixture on each pita wedge.
- Blot bell pepper with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon bell pepper on each wedge or arrange to form a garland. If desired, cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours before serving.